Chocolate Chewy Cookies

You know how once in awhile you get a craving for a perfectly chewy and delicious cookie?  Well, I have found the answer to your craving!  I love this cookie recipe that I found in an old church cookbook!  I'm not going to lie, they are not in any way healthy, but in every way scrumptious!  I know you can not wait, so lets get on to the recipe!

Ingredients:

  • 2 C. Sugar
  • 2 C. Flour
  • 1 1/4 C. Margarine
  • 3/4 C. Cocoa 
  • 1/2 tsp. Butter Flavoring
  • 1 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 2 tsp. Vanilla
  • 2 C.White Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chips

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Stir all ingredients in a mixing bowl together.


  • Make sure your hands are clean and take a small hand-full of batter and roll it into a ball.
  • Place the ball on a greased cookie sheet and repeat the step above until you have twelve balls.

  • Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.  Do NOT over bake!
  • Leave on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing.
  • Place them on a cooling rack to cool.

Notes:

You can use white chocolate chips, chocolate chips or both.  I like to do both.  When I made these I did not have any white chocolate chips so I put in chunks of white almond bark. 
This recipe makes 3 to 4 dozen cookies depending on how big you make them.

Happy baking friends!  I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!  ~Anna Kaye

Comments

Popular Posts