Believing Truth

truth


noun
  • the quality or state of being true.
  • that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.
  • a fact or belief that is accepted as true.

lie

noun

  • an intentionally false statement.
  • used with reference to a situation involving deception or founded on a mistaken impression.

Satan is a liar.  He tries to whisper lies into our ears that will put us down and make the truth seem very far away.  He tries to make us stumble in our walk with God.

Some of the lies that I have struggled and sometimes even believed are:

  • I am ugly. (We have all had that one, right?) 
  • I am worthless.  
  • I am not good at anything.  
  • I can't seem to do anything right.  
And the list could go on and on.
When we are wrestling with these lies it is so important to believe truth, and the one place where we will always find truth is God's word.
Find truth in God's Word!
John 8:44 say: "He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."
The truth is that the lies we hear are from Satan.  There is no truth in Satan, so why should we believe the lies?  When we are hearing and believing lies the absolute best thing we can do is dive into God's word to find the truth.
One of my favorite truths in the Bible is in Psalm 139:14, it says: "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
You are fearfully and wonderfully made.  You are made in the image of God.  Believe God's truth my friend!

Comments

Popular Posts