Love Deeply


Love Deeply.  This small simple phrase has been on my heart and mind lately.
What do you think of when you hear these words?
The thing that always comes to my mind is Christ.
Christ showed and shows us (sinners) unconditional and unfailing love.  We as Christians are called to love like Jesus. 

My NIV Teen Study Bible gives this little blurb about love:
"Love isn't optional for Christians.  They are to be people who love.  When they love each other in the self-sacrificing way that Jesus loves, non-Christians see how real Jesus is by the difference He makes in their lives."

John 13:34-35 says this: "A new command I give you: love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

So here's the scoop.  There will be times in life when we are being persecuted, made fun of, hurt, or maybe just annoyed by someone.  I promise you, the last thing that you will want to do to that person is love them.  But, as Christ's chosen child we are called to show Christ-like love.  By the love that you show that person great things are going to bloom.  Others will be able to see Jesus' light shining through you, they will see the difference in you (Matthew 5:43-44).  The road we walk as Christians will not always be easy, maybe it won't even seem worth it.  But in the end, the very end of the long narrow road, it will be worth it.

My Challenge To You: Love Deeply.   



Comments

Popular Posts