DIY Christmas Cards

Hi friend!  Since Christmas is drawing near I decided to do a Christmas themed blog post!  If you love to make homemade cards for your friends or family, this post may be helpful just for you!  Today I am going to show you how I made a couple of my own homemade cards.  You can probably make these cards with supplies that you have at home!  Are you ready? Read on!



Card #1

This card is simple and easy, all that you will need to make it is:
  • A blank card
  • I used a metallic paint pen, but you could use any color you want!
  • A plain black pen
  • Watercolor paint
  • I used acrylic red paint, but you could use whatever color you want!

Step 1

Simply write whatever you would like in any font!  I decided to write "Merry Christmas" in a gold metallic color.

Step 2

Use your black pen and draw a circle around you lettered word/words, then add little stems (I like to make them different sizes) onto the circle.

Step 3
 
Use green watercolor paint to gently press green leaves onto your stems.

Step 4

Use your red paint to add berries to your leaves to add some Christmas spirit to your card!

That's all to the first card!  A simple yet classic and lovely card to bring some Christmas cheer!

...................................................................................................................................................................

Card #2

To make this card you need:
  • A black pen
  • Watercolor Paints
  • (optional) a silver metallic pen

Step 1

Write the word "joy" in cursive, and use the tail of the "y" to make several loops around the word.

Step 2

On the loops, around the word, "joy" draw little squares.

Step 3

Using your watercolor paints make little Christmas light bulbs on the squares that you drew.  I used my silver paint marker to draw some of the bulbs to add a metallic look! 

That's all you need to do to make this card!

...................................................................................................................................................................

Card #3

For this card you will need:
  • I used a silver paint pen for a cool effect, but honestly, you could just use a black pen!
  • I used light blue watercolor paint, but again, you could just use a blue marker!

Step 1

Letter the words "let it snow" in your silver or black pen.

Step 2

Use your blue paint or marker and create some unique snowflakes!

I LOVE the color scheme on this card, and I really wish you could see how pretty the silver writing is in real life...the picture does it no justice!

...................................................................................................................................................................

Card #4

For this lovely card you will need:
  • A red crayon
  • A green crayon
  • A black pen

Step 1

Use your red crayon, and draw a pretty little bow!

Step 2

Use your green crayon, and draw a little wreath on your card, with the red bow at the top.

Step 3

Use your black pen and write "Merry Christmas" around the wreath!

This card is SO easy, and super pretty!

...................................................................................................................................................................

Card #5

For this last, but definitely not least, card you will need:
  • A black pen
  • (optional) a gold paint marker

Step 1

With your black pen draw little Christmas trees all across the card, but leave a space at the bottom!

Step 2

Letter the words "Merry and Bright" at the bottom of your card.  For one of my cards I did it in gold with a paint marker to add a pretty little pop, but on another card, I did it in just black, and it looked lovely like that too!

...................................................................................................................................................................

Those are a couple of my favorite Christmas cards that I made this year!  I simply love getting cards and letters.  There is something about getting a handwritten note that can make you feel extra special, that is why I wanted to share some of my ideas with you all... spread some extra joy this season with a handwritten note!

Thank you so much for checking this post out, I hope it was helpful, and inspiring to you!  

Instagram: @kupcake_kaye     Email: kupcakekaye@gmail.com  
Follow and subscribe to see more posts like this!







 


Comments

Popular Posts